Information and Cost
Here at the Diamond Hill Mine you will have a rare opportunity to collect your own crystals. We do not “salt” the piles. Its “unsalted”, meaning everything you will find came from this actual mine. We have 6+ acres of dirt that is loaded with quartz crystals to surface collect or to dig through.
What You Need to Know
- No Night Digging.
- No Trailers Allowed, Limit on rocks is a car/truck load.
- No throwing rocks in the Pit
- Shirts and Shoes are required for digging. (gloves are optional but suggessted)
- If camping the night before a digging arrival must be after 8:00 PM during the summer hours to avoid daily dig fee.
- Children must be accompanied by a paid adult in the mining area.
What You’ll Need for Digging:
- Gloves, a thin yet durable pair. A great type are thin garden type with rubber or poly palms.
- Tools you might use; A long screwdriver is a must. shovel, rake, rock hammer, sledge hammer, pick.
- Boxes or flats to carry and store your finds in.
- Newspaper or similar for stuffing/packing.
- Drinks, food, snacks
Sunscreen , first aid kit.
- A big smile! If you don’t have one, you will soon after finding your crystal treasures!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: How long and where can we dig?
A: You can dig from sign in until dusk if you have current signed waivers. Digging is allowed anywhere on property unless marked and no digging in parking area please.
Q: How do I get there?
What are the directions?
A: Address is 50-99 Diamond Mine Road, Abbeville SC
I would 1st try http://www.mapquest.com for getting here.
The only facilities we have is an outhouse, Porta-John and Picnic tables, no running water. There is a mini-mart type gas station about 5 min. away.
Cost for Digging and Making Reservations
5 & under are free
Non-Collector is free (non-collectors are not allowed in collecting area, only in camping, vending, or parking area.)
Contacts for Reservations
Please contact the following to make reservations for a day at the mine if after 2pm or are planning to camp.
Gina Clary: (864)934-3744
***WE DO SPECIAL RATES FOR SCHOOL GROUPS & SCOUTS***
Adults/Chaperones Group Rate $10 each
College Students Group Rate $10 each
High School Students/Scouts Group Rate $5 each
CAMPING IS FREE!!! We have several areas for setting up a tent or you can even bring a pull behind or a moter home as many have done before. Please call or e-mail if you plan to camp. We do have an area for bonfires and cooking